Actor Akshay Kumar, who is known for his fitness, has been roped in as the ambassador of ‘Jaan Bachao’ health campaign. Asif Bhamla, President, Bhamla Foundation, has roped in Akshay as the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) good health ambassador.
Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, the campaign is a unique initiative by the foundation and MCGM. The campaign will be launched by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday.
Hirani, best known for directing award-winning films like “Lage Raho Munna Bhai”, “3 Idiots” and “PK”, was elated when the idea came to him. “It is a great move and I am glad we have a face like Akshay for the same. The idea is to make each of us stand up and let the sedentary lifestyle go and save ourselves before it is too late. I enjoyed the making as much as I wish we change mindsets with this video,” Hirani said.
The campaign follows the ‘TB Harega Desh Jeetega’ campaign with Bill Milanda Gates Foundation, featuring megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
Bhamla said: “The campaign aims to shake us from our couch potato roots and get us to get out there and do something now. Who else could be a perfect ambassador than Akshay Kumar? And when it came to direction, we could think of no one better than Rajkumar Hirani. I am glad, both agreed.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest