Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, an avid sports fan, has asked his fans to extend their support to the game of kabaddi and requested them to watch the World Kabaddi League to be held in August.
The 46-year-old actor owns a kabbadi team that is a part of the World Kabbadi League, which will be played across four continents starting from August to December.
“I’m a sports enthusiast, be it cricket, martial arts, hockey or kabbadi… that’s no secret. I’ve always promoted fitness and sports. Cricket is already world famous but I feel it’s now time to shift a little focus towards the sports which originated in our own country, Kabaddi,” Akshay posted on Facebook.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“So guys it’s my request, tune into the World Kabaddi League starting in August 2014 and give it all your support,” the actor said.
Besides Akshay, Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan has also bought the Jaipur team, which is a part of the Pro Kabbadi league.