Bollywood action star Akshay Kumar on Wednesday (September 3) enlivened the launch event of the forthcoming reality show “Dare 2 Dance” by rapping the title song, which he has also penned himself. His rap was catchy, but Akshay thinks otherwise.
The actor, looking dapper, entered the stage and started rapping like a professional with the audio of the song playing in the background. He did a little jig with two contestants of the show as well.
“I consider myself a bad singer. These guys (the channel officials) wanted someone with a ‘besura awaaz’ (tuneless voice), so I had no choice but to do it,” he quipped.
Akshay, who is the host and mentor on the show, says he felt a strong connect with “Dare 2 Dance” as it mixes the two worlds of dance and adventure. That’s why he went out of his way to ensure that it had an edge over other reality shows.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ajit Thakur, executive vice president and general manager of channel Life OK, which will air the show starting Saturday, said when he took the idea of doing a dance-based reality show in a studio to Akshay, the actor gave an innovative suggestion: “Don’t have a set!”
“He took the show to a different level. We started with something small, and he has made it so big,” Thakur said.
Akshay said: “I didn’t want the stage to be on the floor. I wanted it to be in mid-air, underwater, on ice…I wanted to see how to make this show different.”
The “Dare 2 Dance” team gave a glimpse of what’s in store in the show, which was shot in the picturesque landscapes of Cape Town in South Africa.
Two of the contestants even displayed their dancing talent live during the launch.