Bollywood action star Akshay Kumar on Wednesday (September 3) enlivened the launch event of the forthcoming reality show “Dare 2 Dance” by rapping the title song, which he has also penned himself. His rap was catchy, but Akshay thinks otherwise.
The actor, looking dapper, entered the stage and started rapping like a professional with the audio of the song playing in the background. He did a little jig with two contestants of the show as well.
“I consider myself a bad singer. These guys (the channel officials) wanted someone with a ‘besura awaaz’ (tuneless voice), so I had no choice but to do it,” he quipped.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Akshay, who is the host and mentor on the show, says he felt a strong connect with “Dare 2 Dance” as it mixes the two worlds of dance and adventure. That’s why he went out of his way to ensure that it had an edge over other reality shows.
Ajit Thakur, executive vice president and general manager of channel Life OK, which will air the show starting Saturday, said when he took the idea of doing a dance-based reality show in a studio to Akshay, the actor gave an innovative suggestion: “Don’t have a set!”
“He took the show to a different level. We started with something small, and he has made it so big,” Thakur said.
Akshay said: “I didn’t want the stage to be on the floor. I wanted it to be in mid-air, underwater, on ice…I wanted to see how to make this show different.”
The “Dare 2 Dance” team gave a glimpse of what’s in store in the show, which was shot in the picturesque landscapes of Cape Town in South Africa.
Two of the contestants even displayed their dancing talent live during the launch.