Akshay Kumar, who is donating a sum of Rs. 90 lakhs to drought-hit farmers in Maharashtra, expresses his reluctance to talk about his charitable act.
In an interaction with The Indian Express, Akshay Kumar said: “I don’t want to talk about. I feel it’s stupidity to talk about these acts. It’s embarrassing to answer all these things. I have never spoken about it. There is not point in me saying something like I was reading the newspaper and a thought struck or something of that sort. There is nothing to talk about it.”
- 2.0 poster: Akshay Kumar's beastly look will give you goosebumps
- Ranveer Singh to replace Akshay Kumar in Singh Is Kinng sequel? Here's the truth
- Akshay Kumar donates Rs 25 lakhs for policemen and army personnel families this Diwali
- Working with Akshay Kumar has always been a great experience: Director Suneel Darshan
- Here's what Akshay Kumar has to say about Sidharth Malhotra-Jacqueline Fernandez's A Gentleman
- Akshay Kumar donates Rs 1.08 cr to martyred jawans: 9 times he helped people in need
It is believed that the plight of the farmers was brought to Akshay’s notice by a top cop. Their plight moved the actor so much that he expressed an immediate desire to help them financially immediately. Akshay’s financial aid will reportedly help 180 families of the farmers who had committed suicide.