Akshay Kumar could well end up becoming the Bharat Kumar of this era. After Airlift and Rustom where he displayed his patriotic fervour for our country, the actor has now inked another sports drama called Gold which revolves around the story of the first gold won by free India in Olympics in London in 1948. The movie is produced by Excel entertainment and will be directed by Reema Kagti.
Talking about the reason behind signing Akshay, producer Ritesh Sidhwani of Excel told indianexpress.com, “Akshay Kumar is a great actor who is doing some great work. I and Farhan have never worked with him before. We found an opportunity in this script and Reema wanted him. So it’s happened and we are glad.”
Watch: Akshay Kumar speaks about love
Akshay himself had announced the movie using his now famous breaking news tool- Twitter. “Set in 1948, the historic story of India’s first Olympic medal as a free nation, #GOLD coming to you on 15th August 2018,” Akshay had tweeted a couple of days back with a picture of an Olympic gold medal with the Indian tricolour in the background.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Rustom actor has been one of the rare voices of reason in the recent political clamour demanding the ban of Pakistani actors. The actor through a video message urged India to stop fighting among themselves and, instead of debating on banning films and actors, to focus on helping the Indian army and their families. The actor has been doing his bit for the army be it through contributions or playing roles of army officers in movies like Holiday and Rustom.
With August 15, 2018 locked by Akshay Kumar in 2016, one can expect some high patriotic quotient coming alive when Gold releases on India’s 72nd year of Independence Day celebration.