Designer Rick Roy, who has styled superstar Akshay Kumar in films, says the actor has an amazing positive energy and can carry off almost anything with elan. Rick has styled Akshay for his upcoming film ‘Gabbar’. The designer has earlier worked with the 46-year-old actor for Shirish Kunder’s film ‘Joker’.
“I think you can give Akshay anything and everything and he carries it off like a dream. This time I was less paranoid around him in comparison to working with him during ‘Joker’ as it was my first movie and he is a big star. That time Akshay figured out what I was going through and asked me to stop being stressed,” Rick told PTI. “Akshay is very pleasant and has an amazing positive energy. He appreciated me and is very encouraging,” he said.
‘Gabbar’ also stars Shruti Haasan, Prakash Raj, Sonu Sood but Rick has styled only Akshay in the film. The designer has also styled his muse Malaika Arora Khan for a song in her husband Arbaaz Khan’s upcoming home production ‘Dolly Ki Doli’.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Read: Akshay Kumar’s next is Airlift
“This song was a little difficult to crack because it is Indian and slightly rustic, the options were limited and we were very clear we did not want to do anything similar to what has been done before by anyone. Doing this song was a challenge,” Rick said. “Item songs are tricky… there is a very thin line between stunning and vulgar and one needs to add the right amount of sensuality to the song without making it cheap,” Rick said.
The designer was all praise for Malaika. “She has mentored me a lot in my formative years… she still behaves like a principal whenever we are working together. She pushes me to do my best. She has confidence in my ability,” he said.