Designer Rick Roy, who has styled superstar Akshay Kumar in films, says the actor has an amazing positive energy and can carry off almost anything with elan. Rick has styled Akshay for his upcoming film ‘Gabbar’. The designer has earlier worked with the 46-year-old actor for Shirish Kunder’s film ‘Joker’.
“I think you can give Akshay anything and everything and he carries it off like a dream. This time I was less paranoid around him in comparison to working with him during ‘Joker’ as it was my first movie and he is a big star. That time Akshay figured out what I was going through and asked me to stop being stressed,” Rick told PTI. “Akshay is very pleasant and has an amazing positive energy. He appreciated me and is very encouraging,” he said.
‘Gabbar’ also stars Shruti Haasan, Prakash Raj, Sonu Sood but Rick has styled only Akshay in the film. The designer has also styled his muse Malaika Arora Khan for a song in her husband Arbaaz Khan’s upcoming home production ‘Dolly Ki Doli’.
Read: Akshay Kumar’s next is Airlift
“This song was a little difficult to crack because it is Indian and slightly rustic, the options were limited and we were very clear we did not want to do anything similar to what has been done before by anyone. Doing this song was a challenge,” Rick said. “Item songs are tricky… there is a very thin line between stunning and vulgar and one needs to add the right amount of sensuality to the song without making it cheap,” Rick said.
The designer was all praise for Malaika. “She has mentored me a lot in my formative years… she still behaves like a principal whenever we are working together. She pushes me to do my best. She has confidence in my ability,” he said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review