Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar, who has fond memories of Ganesh Chaturthi, has appealed to his fans to have eco-friendly idols at home if possible.
In an interaction with The Indian Express, Akshay Kumar said: “It’s important to have an eco-friendly Ganpati this Ganesh Chaturthi. The worst sight one can come across is to see the hands and legs of Ganpati floating around. I stay near the beach and it makes me sad to see all this. I know eco-friendly idols are costly but it would be nice to save our nature as eco-friendly idols dissolve in water.”
Akshay Kumar also shared his past memories of celebrating Ganesh Chathurthi. “I have danced on roads when I was staying in Bandra east.. Even when I moved to Lokhandwala, we used to have Ganpati in our building. I remember we used to stay awake at nights and play games like carrom. We used to visit many houses to have prasad. It’s a very auspicious festival,” said Akshay Kumar.
- Prabhas fever grips Ganesh Chaturthi with idols modelled after Baahubali star; See photos
- Ganesha Visarjan in the Mediterranean Sea in Spain! See photos
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2017: Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn pray to Lord Ganesha, see photos, videos
- For Ganesh Chaturthi, this Bengaluru MP reminds us to choose eco-Ganesha idols
- Let's maximise Ganesh Chaturthi, but minimise pollution: Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit Nene
- Bollywood says Ganpati Bappa Morya
Ganesh Chaturthi is being celebrated across India today.