Rohit Shetty-Ajay Devgn’s Singham Returns has gone through the censor board, and emerged not unscathed.
One learns from very reliable sources that some crucial religious references pertaining to both the majority and minority community have been asked to be duly deleted before the film was granted a ‘UA’ (suitable for children accompanied by parents).
But not before some religious symbols were asked to go.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Says a source, “The saffron coloured flag identified with one political-religious group has been replaced. The censor board has asked for the colour of the flag to be changed wherever it was shown to be saffron. The words ‘vishwadhaam’ and ‘pravachan’ have been replaced by the word ‘vikasdham’. And a religious speech was described as, ‘Do kaudi ka pravachan’. This has been replaced by ‘faltu ka bhashan.’
On the other end, of spectrum a 3 1/2 minute shot at a dargah has been modified by the censor board.
A shot of Ajay Devgn saluting the dargah has also been censored, and so have scenes showing cops pray at the dargah praying en masse.
Says a source, “There is actually a dargah in Mahim in Mumbai which has been adopted by the Mumbai police force. Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgn have shown this holy place in a wonderful light. However not everyone in the police force goes and prays at this dargah. There were shots that showed a multitudinous congregation of cops praying at the dargah. The censor board felt this visual would have created a false impression in the audiences’ mind.”
As per censorial guidelines pertaining to depiction of religious matter in films, all references to real-life religious institutions and excessive display of religious fervour are to be deleted.
“This is why a shot of Ajay Devgn saluting the dargah has also been removed,” says the source.