The India release of Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone’s ‘The Expendables 3’ has been advanced by a week in time to release on Independence Day (August 15), the same day when Ajay Devgn’s Bollywood entertainer ‘Singham Returns’ is due to hit the screens.
MVP Entertainment and PVR Pictures, the Indian distributors of “The Expendables 3” decided to advance the release date because they believe a star-studded film like it can definitely put up a fight at the box office with Bollywood actioner ‘Singham Returns’ and they didn’t want to miss out on the Independence Day weekend.
The distributors are also looking at a wider release for the project as the movie will hit theatres in four languages, including Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Deepak Sharma of PVR Pictures and Sunil Udhani of MVP Entertainment issued a joint statement to confirm the news.
The statement read: “‘The Expendables’ has become one of the biggest franchises across the globe. The second part of the film performed phenomenally well in India with a release as wide as 800 screens. The new instalment of the film – ‘The Expendables 3’ – is bigger than ever, with megastars like Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas joining in, and the final product is stellar.”
“We were toying with the idea of a release date between August 15 and August 21, and have concluded to come on August 15 along with the international release. We do understand that it is on the same day as ‘Singham Returns’, but we’re certain that two films of equal sizes can survive at the box office.”
‘The Expendables 3’ also stars Arnold Schwarznegger, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Jason Statham just to name a few, while Rohit Shetty-directed “Singham Returns” stars Kareena Kapoor and Ajay Devgn.
“Stallone and Schwarzeneger have a humongous fan following in India and the genre of the film suits the appetite of people here. We will be dubbing the film in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu and are even hoping for a wider release this time around.”