The India release of Hollywood star Sylvester Stallone’s ‘The Expendables 3’ has been advanced by a week in time to release on Independence Day (August 15), the same day when Ajay Devgn’s Bollywood entertainer ‘Singham Returns’ is due to hit the screens.
MVP Entertainment and PVR Pictures, the Indian distributors of “The Expendables 3” decided to advance the release date because they believe a star-studded film like it can definitely put up a fight at the box office with Bollywood actioner ‘Singham Returns’ and they didn’t want to miss out on the Independence Day weekend.
The distributors are also looking at a wider release for the project as the movie will hit theatres in four languages, including Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
Deepak Sharma of PVR Pictures and Sunil Udhani of MVP Entertainment issued a joint statement to confirm the news.
The statement read: “‘The Expendables’ has become one of the biggest franchises across the globe. The second part of the film performed phenomenally well in India with a release as wide as 800 screens. The new instalment of the film – ‘The Expendables 3’ – is bigger than ever, with megastars like Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas joining in, and the final product is stellar.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We were toying with the idea of a release date between August 15 and August 21, and have concluded to come on August 15 along with the international release. We do understand that it is on the same day as ‘Singham Returns’, but we’re certain that two films of equal sizes can survive at the box office.”
‘The Expendables 3’ also stars Arnold Schwarznegger, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Jason Statham just to name a few, while Rohit Shetty-directed “Singham Returns” stars Kareena Kapoor and Ajay Devgn.
“Stallone and Schwarzeneger have a humongous fan following in India and the genre of the film suits the appetite of people here. We will be dubbing the film in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu and are even hoping for a wider release this time around.”