I feel very proud and happy for Ajay, says wife Kajol

Ajay Devgn will be one of the proud recipients of this year's Padma Shri. And expressing happiness at this news was wife Kajol, a proud recipient of Padma Shri herself in 2011.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: January 25, 2016 10:02 pm
Ajay Devgn, Kajol, Ajay Devgn Padma Shri, Padma Shri Ajay Devgn, Kajol Ajay Devgn Speaking to IndianExpress.com, a happy Kajol said, “I am very proud and very happy for Ajay.” (Source: Varinder Chawla)

Ajay Devgn will be one of the proud recipients of this year’s Padma Shri. And expressing happiness at this news was wife Kajol, a proud recipient of Padma Shri herself in 2011.

Also read: Rajinikanth awarded Padma Vibhushan; Padma Shri for Priyanka Chopra, Ajay Devgn

Also Read: Anupam Kher on Padma Bhushan: I am humbled and feel a sense of responsibility towards my country

Kajol also took to twitter:

Also read: Udit Narayan on Padma Bhushan: I am speechless, it feels like a dream

Ajay Devgn, who debuted in 1991 with Phool Aur Kaante is today one of the most bankable actors at the box-office in Hindi cinema. Apart from a plethora of commercial awards, the actor has received two National awards for Zakhm(1998) and The Legend of Bhagat  Singh (2002).

See Pics: Rajinikanth, Dhirubhai Ambani, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Complete list of Padma awardees 2015

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

1. B
    Brahma Vishnu
    Jan 25, 2016 at 12:24 pm
    I love you kajol. My love for you has not diminished even after you turning 45
    1. I
      Indian
      Jan 25, 2016 at 12:51 pm
      Devghan joined RSS?
        Me Marathi
        Jan 25, 2016 at 11:58 am
        Other day kajol was blabbering about insensitivity . Isn't it? And now ....
          David
          Jan 25, 2016 at 4:45 pm
          What did he deserve this for? Oh, south Indian remakes and zero contribution to civil society. No wonder Obama got a Nobel Peace prize when he was not in office enough time to put a shoe on the other foot: ludicrous
            sdas
            Jan 25, 2016 at 1:12 pm
            No, he deserves it.
            1. V
              Vijay
              Jan 25, 2016 at 5:29 pm
              Anupam only had to say 'there is no intolerance' - and the award fell from the sky. I wish we were all so smart in figuring out how to get awards