Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn says there is lack of unity in Bollywood in reaction to a right-wing Hindu outfit creating controversy regarding his upcoming film ‘Singham Returns’.
Directed by filmmaker Rohit Sheety, ‘Singham Returns’ has recently been accused of portraying Hindus in a bad light by a small Hindu organisation, Jan Jagruti Samiti and thereby, the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has been asked to delete certain shots from the film.
However, Ajay Devgn who plays Bajirao Singham in the film, reacted to this sudden outburst. “This happens in our country. You can’t do anything about it. Unless they have not seen the film, how can they decide over anything,” said Ajay Devgn.
“We are not implying that every Guru is corrupt. Why don’t they understand that Bajirao Singham himself is a Hindu and there is a shot of him praying in the promo as well? Nobody has any right to judge anything till they see the film.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There have been several incidents in the past when any random group has threatened a ban on a film and sometimes caused serious harm to the business of the film. The film industry fails to take a strong stand against such hooligans. “I think there’s a lack of unity (in the film industry) and that goes for the whole country as well. Something similar happened with me for ‘Son Of Sardaar’ also. When they saw the film, they found nothing wrong. We work hard day and night and are putting money and effort in a film. Nobody can just stand up and decide that they can create problems for a film,” Ajay said defiantly.
It has become a trend of sorts that just few days before a film’s release, get caught up in controversies and legal tangles owing to certain groups or organizations, who claim the content in the film to be offensive. While recently Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela had to undergo a title change considering some Gujarati communities and Hindu organizations raised objection over it, the next film on the radar is Singham Returns.
Co-produced by Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, ‘Singham Returns’ also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan and Amole Gupte. The film will release on August 15.