Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn says there is lack of unity in Bollywood in reaction to a right-wing Hindu outfit creating controversy regarding his upcoming film ‘Singham Returns’.
Directed by filmmaker Rohit Sheety, ‘Singham Returns’ has recently been accused of portraying Hindus in a bad light by a small Hindu organisation, Jan Jagruti Samiti and thereby, the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has been asked to delete certain shots from the film.
However, Ajay Devgn who plays Bajirao Singham in the film, reacted to this sudden outburst. “This happens in our country. You can’t do anything about it. Unless they have not seen the film, how can they decide over anything,” said Ajay Devgn.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“We are not implying that every Guru is corrupt. Why don’t they understand that Bajirao Singham himself is a Hindu and there is a shot of him praying in the promo as well? Nobody has any right to judge anything till they see the film.”
There have been several incidents in the past when any random group has threatened a ban on a film and sometimes caused serious harm to the business of the film. The film industry fails to take a strong stand against such hooligans. “I think there’s a lack of unity (in the film industry) and that goes for the whole country as well. Something similar happened with me for ‘Son Of Sardaar’ also. When they saw the film, they found nothing wrong. We work hard day and night and are putting money and effort in a film. Nobody can just stand up and decide that they can create problems for a film,” Ajay said defiantly.
It has become a trend of sorts that just few days before a film’s release, get caught up in controversies and legal tangles owing to certain groups or organizations, who claim the content in the film to be offensive. While recently Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela had to undergo a title change considering some Gujarati communities and Hindu organizations raised objection over it, the next film on the radar is Singham Returns.
Co-produced by Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, ‘Singham Returns’ also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan and Amole Gupte. The film will release on August 15.