Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn, who usually does one film at a time, is now worked up with commitments this year. The actor recently flew from Bangkok, where he was shooting for Prabhu Dheva’s ‘Action Jackson’, to Mumbai for Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham 2’.
While the Action Jackson director Prabhu Dheva has stayed back in Bangkok, Ajay Devgn who was shooting for a long spell for the film has flown back to Mumbai for a script reading and intensive rehearsal session for his best-friend Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham 2’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ajay Devgn joined his ‘Singham’ co-actors Kareena Kapoor and Amole Gupte for what turned out to be an immensely revealing bout of pre-shooting preparation. While the film’s leading lady Kareena Kapoor and the film’s arch-villain Amole Gupte are no strangers to acting workshops, Ajay Devgn is a notorious switch-off-switch-on actor. Apparently, the last time he indulged himself in an acting workshop was when he did ‘Zakham’ with Mahesh Bhatt and Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Omkara’.
According to reports, ‘Singham 2’ is far less masala and much more meaningful than ‘Singham’. A source close to the project said, “From the outside it may look like another Rohit Shetty-Devgn fun and masti film. But ‘Singham 2’ ‘is not a routine khaki-‘wordy’ drama about a cop doing heavy dialogue-baazi. This cops’ film will look at the burning issues in the country.”
Amole Gupte is all praise for Rohit Shetty, Ajay Devgn and Kareena. “It’s all a new sur, a new rhythm of working for me. The writer Farhan (from the Sajid-Farhan duo) is such a terrific storyteller. It would be erroneous to presume that a commercial film doesn’t demand much preparation. You’ll be surprised at how much concentration an actor needs to get the language of a massy film right.”
Apparently, Ajay Devgn will take his character cop act as Singham Bajirao to another level in ‘Singham 2’. An actor from the film reveals, “‘Singham’ was a remake of a Tamil film. ‘Singham 2’ is an original script. There is no point in making another anti-establishment cop film. Rohit will look at all the grim happenings in the country since the Nirbhaya incident.”
Also, ‘Singham 2’ would have no songs and no item numbers, a first for a Rohit Shetty films, though Devgn, Kareena and Amole Gupte are no strangers to the realistic space in cinema.