Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn, who usually does one film at a time, is now worked up with commitments this year. The actor recently flew from Bangkok, where he was shooting for Prabhu Dheva’s ‘Action Jackson’, to Mumbai for Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham 2’.
While the Action Jackson director Prabhu Dheva has stayed back in Bangkok, Ajay Devgn who was shooting for a long spell for the film has flown back to Mumbai for a script reading and intensive rehearsal session for his best-friend Rohit Shetty’s ‘Singham 2’.
Ajay Devgn joined his ‘Singham’ co-actors Kareena Kapoor and Amole Gupte for what turned out to be an immensely revealing bout of pre-shooting preparation. While the film’s leading lady Kareena Kapoor and the film’s arch-villain Amole Gupte are no strangers to acting workshops, Ajay Devgn is a notorious switch-off-switch-on actor. Apparently, the last time he indulged himself in an acting workshop was when he did ‘Zakham’ with Mahesh Bhatt and Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Omkara’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
According to reports, ‘Singham 2’ is far less masala and much more meaningful than ‘Singham’. A source close to the project said, “From the outside it may look like another Rohit Shetty-Devgn fun and masti film. But ‘Singham 2’ ‘is not a routine khaki-‘wordy’ drama about a cop doing heavy dialogue-baazi. This cops’ film will look at the burning issues in the country.”
Amole Gupte is all praise for Rohit Shetty, Ajay Devgn and Kareena. “It’s all a new sur, a new rhythm of working for me. The writer Farhan (from the Sajid-Farhan duo) is such a terrific storyteller. It would be erroneous to presume that a commercial film doesn’t demand much preparation. You’ll be surprised at how much concentration an actor needs to get the language of a massy film right.”
Apparently, Ajay Devgn will take his character cop act as Singham Bajirao to another level in ‘Singham 2’. An actor from the film reveals, “‘Singham’ was a remake of a Tamil film. ‘Singham 2’ is an original script. There is no point in making another anti-establishment cop film. Rohit will look at all the grim happenings in the country since the Nirbhaya incident.”
Also, ‘Singham 2’ would have no songs and no item numbers, a first for a Rohit Shetty films, though Devgn, Kareena and Amole Gupte are no strangers to the realistic space in cinema.