- Aishwarya Rai video songs: Hindi, Tamil, Telugu songs of the beautiful actress from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Devdas, Ravoyi Chandamama, Iruvar, and Jeans
- Top 2016 Bollywood moments: From Aishwarya’s lipstick to Kareena’s baby, see pics
- While Bachchans support demonetisation, Jaya has something sarcastic to say
Aishwarya Rai’s tryst with international bneauty pageants and few Hollywood projects have made her an international icon and face that is popularly recognised in the West. However, call it the fervour of patriotism, Aishwarya wants to be known as a national Indian actor rather than an international one.
At the trailer launch of ‘Jazbaa’ in Mumbai on Tuesday (August 25), Aishwarya Rai sought to detatch herself from all the international titles that get bestowed on her as a celebrity.
A seated Aishwarya sprang up from her seat and said: “I am very much a national actor. It is just that whenever I am introduced abroad, there is a refrence made to Miss World, international beauty titles or other international titles. I am very much thankful to the opportunities that destiny has given me but honestly as you all can see I am not the only fortunate one. When we did this film, we were happy as actors to come on board and it isn’t about the adages that go with it.”
Aishwarya, who is also playing a lawyer for the first time in her career, said that some homework was needed to prepare for her character. “I am playing a lawyer for the first time. So, it did entail a certain degree of educating oneself about the life of a lawyer. We virtually grow up believing how life is in real after seeing cinema. We have a certain impression of courtroom and how it operates based on what we have seen in films. We have tried to stay true to the real life elements. We have let the moment have its drama rather than having the way you are playing out the moment.”
When asked if she thinks her popularity is still intact despite the long sabbatical, Aishwarya responded by saying, “I am not an analyst or a tracking company. I am an actor.”
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan-starrer 'Jazbaa' to be dubbed in Arabic, other languages
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan remains silent on profit sharing
- Sanjay Gupta wants Aishwarya Rai to sing in 'Jazbaa'
- Irrfan Khan doesn't mind being sidelined by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in Jazbaa
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on Twitter for Cannes 2015, shares a secret about Aaradhya
- Happy Birthday Aishwarya Rai: Saluting the epitome of Indian Beauty
The former beauty queen also expressed her inability to answer if she felt nervous or excited at making a comeback. “I have always enjoyed the process of making of a film. That is my life. And I have said this for years. We are in an industry where when a film makes money and profits, it is gratifying to the business of the cinema. When the film has appealed to the audience, it is creatively satisfying. When the reference is made to whether there are butterflies in my stomach, I get gobsmacked because I don’t know what kind of an answer to give. I don’t know if saying I get nervous will humanise me or say we have made the baby and it will find its journey is the right one. We hope the flight is a wonderful one.”
‘Jazbaa’ directed by Sanjay Gupta will release on October 9 this year.