- Amitabh Bachchan returns from Maldives after 75th birthday celebrations, pens down his love for home
- From Aaradhya’s hand-designed card to a yacht party, here’s how the Bachchans are planning to ring in Big B’s birthday
- Dussehra 2017: Inside pictures of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and daughter Aaradhya’s celebrations
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan might have taken your breath away as she walked the red carpet of the recently concluded Cannes Film Festival, but the actress was, reportedly, at one point was denied entry inside the Indian Pavilion.
It was rumoured that the former Miss World and the whole ‘Jazbaa’ team – director Sanjay Gupta and co-producer Sachin Joshi had to wait 20 or more minutes at the gate of the India Pavilion. It was the prompt initiative taken by Indian Embassy Protocol officer Satyapaul and the FICCI representatives that saved the day for the actress and her film producers.
- Cannes 2015: Post Jazbaa, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to work with Sujoy Ghosh
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: I am curious and excited to see 'Jazbaa'
- Aishwarya sneaks out to spend time with Aaradhya at Cannes 2015
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a discovery for me: Irrfan Khan
- Cannes 2015: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to launch first look of 'Jazbaa'
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan plays dynamic female lead in Sanjay Gupta thriller
However, according to a report published in NDTV.com, a representative from FICCI has denied this.
Samir Kumar, deputy director of FICCI’s media and entertainment division, said in a statement: “The story that has come out in the media about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s entry to the India Pavilion at the Cannes Film Festival is quite baseless. There is no substance in it. As I was present at the venue to manage the affairs at the India Pavilion, I would like to inform you that the entry of Mrs Bachchan to the venue was quite smooth and she was warmly received and she had a very fulfilling session at the pavilion.”
India Pavilion is jointly run by FICCI and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.