Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who was adjudged the world’s fourth most beautiful lady, reiterated the importance of stem cell banking by mothers and the situation that led to her decision to go in for stem cell banking for her daughter.
“The decision to bank umbilical cord cell had to be taken at a time when taking baby steps to parenthood. And on our part, we did some research, spoke to friends and our families, of course. We were informed about it,” said Aishwarya, a young mother herself.
Donning a red sari and black blouse with a string of fragrant jasmines decorating her hair bun – the traditional attire of women from the South, Bachchan looked elegant and aptly dressed for the day today – Parents’ Day.
On being informed it was Parents’ Day, the mother of two-and-a-half year old Aaradhya said, “Every day is Parents’ Day. We are meant to have such a beautiful experience in our lives and let us celebrate that emotion every week and day in our lives.”
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Describing the situation that led to her decision to go in for stem cell banking for her daughter, she said “Knowledge can be very very useful and once were aware of the potential of stem cell banking, the decision was natural and we recognised how stem cells are such a precious gift that can be given to our children.”
“I think that every expecting parent in our country should become aware of stem cell banking. Stem cells from the umbilical cord is a nature given resource. That needs to be preserved,” she said.
Aishwarya Rai was in Chennai to celebrate the milestone achievement of LifeCell’s preserving of 1,00,000 umbilical cord stem cell units.