Bollywood actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who was adjudged the world’s fourth most beautiful lady, reiterated the importance of stem cell banking by mothers and the situation that led to her decision to go in for stem cell banking for her daughter.
“The decision to bank umbilical cord cell had to be taken at a time when taking baby steps to parenthood. And on our part, we did some research, spoke to friends and our families, of course. We were informed about it,” said Aishwarya, a young mother herself.
Donning a red sari and black blouse with a string of fragrant jasmines decorating her hair bun – the traditional attire of women from the South, Bachchan looked elegant and aptly dressed for the day today – Parents’ Day.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
On being informed it was Parents’ Day, the mother of two-and-a-half year old Aaradhya said, “Every day is Parents’ Day. We are meant to have such a beautiful experience in our lives and let us celebrate that emotion every week and day in our lives.”
Describing the situation that led to her decision to go in for stem cell banking for her daughter, she said “Knowledge can be very very useful and once were aware of the potential of stem cell banking, the decision was natural and we recognised how stem cells are such a precious gift that can be given to our children.”
“I think that every expecting parent in our country should become aware of stem cell banking. Stem cells from the umbilical cord is a nature given resource. That needs to be preserved,” she said.
Aishwarya Rai was in Chennai to celebrate the milestone achievement of LifeCell’s preserving of 1,00,000 umbilical cord stem cell units.