Being one of the most beautiful women in the world definitely has its perks, but lets not forget the downside of it – the constant media attention even in personal matters, the opinions from self-appointed fashion experts and of course the downright harsh criticism.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, a woman of grace and beauty has taken it all in her stride. With 2014, Aishwarya marked her thirteenth year at the annual prestigious Cannes Film Festival. Though her red carpet appearance was delayed, the actress made up for it with her jaw-dropping look at the French Riviera.
The former beauty queen picked a dazzling gold strapless mermaid-cut gown by Roberto Cavalli that showed off her curves like any proud Indian woman. Not only did it make Aishwarya Rai the talk of the town overnight but what’s interesting is that the actress has also made quite a few critics eat their words.
Two years ago, the mother-of-one was at the receiving end of much flak for her post-delivery weight. Quite a few write-ups mentioned her ‘double chin’, calling her weight gain extremely ‘shocking’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While some from the industry came out in support of the new mother, others went to the extent of saying that women in India, tend to let themselves go after marriage and babies.
In 2012, few months after giving birth to baby Aaradhya, Aishwarya took a bold step by wearing a belted Elie Saab gown. It showed all her plus size curves, drawing mixed responses from critics. While some were in favour of her embracing her womanhood in all its glory, others thought gown made her look chubby and plump.
Another look from 2012, which did little to impress, was a cream chikankari Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla sari for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala with an embroidered jacket, which was also received as a complete fashion disaster.
Many compared her to the likes of Victoria Beckham and said that she should take a leaf out of the Posh girl’s book and regain her figure as soon as possible.
In 2013, Aishwarya once again favoured designer Elie Saab with a beautiful black and grey couture gown, which Aishwarya wore to the premiere of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’.
But, yet again the beauty didn’t seem to get it quite right when it came to her ethnic looks on the red carpet. Her black and gold embroidered sari-lehenga by Sabyasachi which she donned for the evening gala of ‘Bombay Talkies’ celebrating 100 years of Indian cinema was said to be quite a disappointment.
And her gold on gold look – Tarun Tahiliani’s sari for amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS 2013 was labeled the worst appearance on the Cannes red carpet that year.
With the arrival of Sonam Kapoor on the fashion scene, especially at Cannes, there is no denying that expectations from Aishwarya were sky-high. All eyes were on the beauty as the critics and media waited with bated breath to see just what her choices would be at Cannes 2014.
In terms of her figure, Aishwarya is surely back – slender waist, chiseled cheekbones and all.
Needless to say, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has definitely outdone herself not only in terms of fashion and style, but in maintaining that same gracefulness that we’ve all come to know and love over the years. Let us wait and see what other surprises are in store for us this year at the 67th Cannes Film Festival.