Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta revealed that he has signed Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for his upcoming thriller film ‘Jazbaa’.
Now that her three-year-old daughter Aaradhya has started going to play school, Aishwarya Rai is all set to make a grand comeback with director Sanjay Gupta’s ‘Jazbaa’, which is touted to be her first full-fledged action film.
The actress, who was last seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Guzaarish’ (2010) is reportedly making her comeback in a Mani Ratnam’s bilingual (Tamil and Telugu) film. However, that project has been put on hold.
Therefore, it looks like the actress is all set to make her come back in the ‘Shootout at Wadala’ director’s film.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sanjay Gupta tweeted, that Aishwarya has given her nod to play ‘the dynamic female lead’ in his action- thriller ‘Jazbaa’
He also said, “We start ‘Jazbaa’ in January 2015. We’ll be showcasing ‘Jazbaa’ at the Cannes film festival in 2015.”
Aishwarya Rai is currently busy with Cannes Film festival, which she has been attending on behalf of L’Oreal Paris for 13 years.
The filmmaker clarified that it’s not a women-centric drama. “Just because Aishwarya is in ‘Jazbaa’ we should not label the film female-centric. To me, she’s the hero of the film,” he said.
Aishwarya has done some action scenes in “Dhoom 2”, but she didn’t have the kind of stunts that Hrithik Roshan had. In Sanjay Gupta’s film, she will do all the stunts without the help of a body-double. She has already started training for the role.
“There is no gender-specificity in what she does in the narrative. I’ve cast her in a role like any of the heroes in my films. She could be John Abraham in ‘Shootout At Wadala’ or Sanjay Dutt in ‘Zinda’. It’s that kind of a role where her gender plays no role in the proceedings.”
Two prominent male actors are yet to be cast alongside Aishwarya.
Interestingly, Gupta is also working with Aishwarya’s husband and actor Abhishek Bachchan in “Khottey Sikkay”, which he will make immediately after “Jazbaa”.
Gupta said: After a year’s gap, when I was scripting, I am now doing three back-to-back films, beginning with ‘Mumbai Saga’ starring Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Vivek Oberoi and Manoj Bajpayee. This will be followed by ‘Jazbaa’ featuring Aishwarya and then ‘Khottey Sikkay.”
Aishwarya Rai, who has been off screen for almost four years now, has however pleased her fans with social appearances in the last few years.
The prolific filmmaker promises no compromises in the three films.
“There will be no breaks in the storytelling for item songs. I will tell the stories heedless of extraneous demands. Though ‘Jazbaa’ will star Aishwarya, it won’t use her ultra-glamorous personality to light up the frames. She will glow from within,” said Gupta.
The former beauty queen came back to lime light at the the Miss India competition in 2013, where she performed on her songs. She next performed at an award show in Florida with her actor husband Abhishek Bachchan. And later at the Cannes last year.