Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta revealed that he has signed Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for his upcoming thriller film ‘Jazbaa’.
Now that her three-year-old daughter Aaradhya has started going to play school, Aishwarya Rai is all set to make a grand comeback with director Sanjay Gupta’s ‘Jazbaa’, which is touted to be her first full-fledged action film.
The actress, who was last seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Guzaarish’ (2010) is reportedly making her comeback in a Mani Ratnam’s bilingual (Tamil and Telugu) film. However, that project has been put on hold.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Therefore, it looks like the actress is all set to make her come back in the ‘Shootout at Wadala’ director’s film.
Sanjay Gupta tweeted, that Aishwarya has given her nod to play ‘the dynamic female lead’ in his action- thriller ‘Jazbaa’
He also said, “We start ‘Jazbaa’ in January 2015. We’ll be showcasing ‘Jazbaa’ at the Cannes film festival in 2015.”
Aishwarya Rai is currently busy with Cannes Film festival, which she has been attending on behalf of L’Oreal Paris for 13 years.
The filmmaker clarified that it’s not a women-centric drama. “Just because Aishwarya is in ‘Jazbaa’ we should not label the film female-centric. To me, she’s the hero of the film,” he said.
Aishwarya has done some action scenes in “Dhoom 2”, but she didn’t have the kind of stunts that Hrithik Roshan had. In Sanjay Gupta’s film, she will do all the stunts without the help of a body-double. She has already started training for the role.
“There is no gender-specificity in what she does in the narrative. I’ve cast her in a role like any of the heroes in my films. She could be John Abraham in ‘Shootout At Wadala’ or Sanjay Dutt in ‘Zinda’. It’s that kind of a role where her gender plays no role in the proceedings.”
Two prominent male actors are yet to be cast alongside Aishwarya.
Interestingly, Gupta is also working with Aishwarya’s husband and actor Abhishek Bachchan in “Khottey Sikkay”, which he will make immediately after “Jazbaa”.
Gupta said: After a year’s gap, when I was scripting, I am now doing three back-to-back films, beginning with ‘Mumbai Saga’ starring Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Vivek Oberoi and Manoj Bajpayee. This will be followed by ‘Jazbaa’ featuring Aishwarya and then ‘Khottey Sikkay.”
Aishwarya Rai, who has been off screen for almost four years now, has however pleased her fans with social appearances in the last few years.
The prolific filmmaker promises no compromises in the three films.
“There will be no breaks in the storytelling for item songs. I will tell the stories heedless of extraneous demands. Though ‘Jazbaa’ will star Aishwarya, it won’t use her ultra-glamorous personality to light up the frames. She will glow from within,” said Gupta.
The former beauty queen came back to lime light at the the Miss India competition in 2013, where she performed on her songs. She next performed at an award show in Florida with her actor husband Abhishek Bachchan. And later at the Cannes last year.