Amitabh, 72, who shared pictures on the blog from last night’s screening of his latest release, said his mind remained “stagnant and alone” despite the praise and compliments.
- Amitabh Bachchan and family celebrate Holi in a sober, traditional way
- Amitabh Bachchan, Karan Johar, Aishwarya Rai and others click a selfie with Israel PM
- Amitabh Bachchan’s old injury aggravated, was seen at Anushka-Virat’s reception with a sling
- Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan celebrate daughter Aaradhya Bachchan’s birthday in style. See photos
- Amitabh Bachchan elated with ‘Shamitabh’ reviews
- Aishwarya Rai bowled over by father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Shamitabh’ trailer
“The show is over… The apprehensions remain… The praise and the compliments abound… But the mind remains stagnant and alone… The appreciation of the daughter-in-law after the film is over..,” Bachchan wrote on his blog.
The screening was attended by his son Abhishek, Shamitabh’s actress Akshara Haasan, media persons besides Aishwarya.
“In all the rush and the crowds that gather, in all the applause in the theatre, in all the gasps and laughter and whistles… There is… Silence! It cannot be explained, nor can it be fathomed, nor examined… Tt is just..,,” Bachchan added.
In the film, which releases today, Amitabh plays a washed out man, who lends his voice to a deaf and mute actor, played by Dhanush.