Amitabh, 72, who shared pictures on the blog from last night’s screening of his latest release, said his mind remained “stagnant and alone” despite the praise and compliments.
- Aishwarya Rai's daughter Aaradhya Bachchan is all smiles in this adorable click from her cousin's birthday bash
- Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan celebrate daughter Aaradhya Bachchan's birthday in style. See photos
- Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek, Aaradhya and Amitabh Bachchan's recent photos from a wedding
- Amitabh Bachchan's Maldives vacation photos will give you travel goals
- Amitabh Bachchan returns from Maldives after 75th birthday celebrations, pens down his love for home
- Amitabh Bachchan elated with 'Shamitabh' reviews
“The show is over… The apprehensions remain… The praise and the compliments abound… But the mind remains stagnant and alone… The appreciation of the daughter-in-law after the film is over..,” Bachchan wrote on his blog.
The screening was attended by his son Abhishek, Shamitabh’s actress Akshara Haasan, media persons besides Aishwarya.
“In all the rush and the crowds that gather, in all the applause in the theatre, in all the gasps and laughter and whistles… There is… Silence! It cannot be explained, nor can it be fathomed, nor examined… Tt is just..,,” Bachchan added.
In the film, which releases today, Amitabh plays a washed out man, who lends his voice to a deaf and mute actor, played by Dhanush.