For Indian actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, it’s a “great honour” to be invited for a special lunch with French President François Hollande, who is in the country on a three-day visit.
Hollande will attend the Republic Day parade on Rajpath as chief guest, becoming the fifth serving French president to do so, on Tuesday.
Later in the day, a lunch is said to have been organised in his honour by French ambassador to India Francois Richier, who has invited the 42-year-old actress.
The actress, who has been in the midst of shooting her new film “Sarbjit”, has decided to take out time from her busy schedule to attend the lunch.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“She is the only one from the film industry to be invited, so it’s a great honour,” said a source close to the actress.
Aishwarya is a regular at the Cannes International Film Festival, where the first look of “Jazbaa” — her comeback film post pregnancy — was launched last year.
An actress who has featured in Bollywood films like “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam”, “Dhoom 2”, “Guru” and “Devdas”, Aishwarya is also an ambassador of French cosmetics and beauty company L’Oréal Paris, for which she recently starred in an ad with Eva Longoria.
In fact, she even shot for her international film “Pink Panther 2” in Paris.