Indian actress Aishwarya Rai attended the opening ceremony of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Scotland’s largest city as the Longines Ambassador of Elegance.
Aishwarya, who was dressed in a black coat with her lustrous locks tied in a high bun, was accompanied at the event Wednesday by Longines President Walter von Kanel.
The Swiss luxury watch brand Longines is the Official Timekeeper and Watch of the CWG, being held here July 23-Aug 3, and it provides more than 190 timekeepers and 122 tonnes of equipment to support the event. The Official Watch of Glasgow 2014 is a chronograph in steel from the Conquest Classic collection.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Longines is also the presenting partner of the gymnastics competitions.
During the opener, the CWG Baton was delivered to Queen Elizabeth II, who read her welcome message to the athletes. This event officially opened the Games.
Over a period of 288 days, the baton visited 71 nations and territories and covered 190,000 km.
Longines’ involvement in the Commonwealth Games dates back to 1962 when it was the timekeeper of the event in Perth, Australia.