Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar says the commercial success of his newly released film “Airlift” has encouraged him to make more movies based on real life stories.
Released on January 22, a war thriller – “Airlift” – has earned approximately Rs 54.70 crore at the box office inthe country.
“The results speaks for the film. I am very happy with the response and it encourages me to make and be a part of such cinema. These kind of films did not had much prospects when it comes to numbers at the box office,” Akshay told PTI. (Read: Misconception that film industry is ‘sone ki chidiya’: Akshay Kumar)
“Looking at the numbers, I feel I should try more of these kind of films… Bring real life of people on reel life. I am hopeful that after this film lot of producers, directors and actors will like to be part of this kind of cinema, that is less of songs and more of content,” he said. (Also read: Airlift box office collections: Akshay Kumar’s film earns Rs. 54.70 cr in four days)
Usually it’s the masala entertainers that earn crores at the box office but the “Holiday” star is quite content with the commercial success of “Airlift”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The box office numbers of this film is more than I could imagine,” he adds. After “Special 26” and “Baby”, Akshay was confident
about the success of “Airlift”.
“I was confident about (success of the film), so I put my money in and acted in it as well. But I did not expect this kind of response, the credit goes to everyone — all the actors, the director (and) the technicians,” the 48-year-old actor said.
“Raja (director Raja Krishna Menon) choreographed the war sequence very well ….cinematography of this film was wonderful,” he added.
Akshay hopes to get tax exemption for “Airlift”.
“We have spoken to them (authorities concerned) and I hope things work out. It will be great if it happens,” he added.
Directed by Raja Krishna Menon, “Airlift” narrates the story of Ranjit Katyal (Akshay Kumar), a Kuwait-based businessman, who carries out the biggest civil operation of evacuating Indians based in Kuwait during the Iraq-Kuwait war during the time of Iraq’s then President Saddam Hussein.
The film stars Akshay and Nimrat Kaur in the lead roles. According to the “Hera Pheri” actor the USP of “Airlift” is its real story.
“The fact that it is a real story and very few people knew about it….we brought this story to all …That is the USP,” Akshay said.