Airlift starring Akshay Kumar has earned Rs 94.50 crore after nine days of its release and is inching close to Rs 100 crore at the box office.
Airlift, which is now heading towards the coveted Rs. 100 cr club, will be Akshay Kumar’s fourth film to cross the mark after Housefull 2 (2012), Rowdy Rathore (2012) and Holiday (2014).
#Airlift is all set to cross ₹ 100 cr. Remains the first choice of moviegoers. [Week 2] Fri 4.50 cr, Sat 6.50 cr. Total: ₹ 94.50 cr.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 31, 2016
Airlift, which has been liked by critics and fans alike, has benefited from good word of mouth. Akshay’s acting in the film has been appreciated.
Trade expert Taran Adarsh, who has been sharing the daily collections, shared fresh data: “#Airlift Fri 12.35 cr, Sat 14.60 cr, Sun 17.35 cr, Mon 10.40 cr, Tue 17.80 cr, Wed 6 cr, Thu 5 cr. Total: ₹ 83.50 cr. India biz. EXCELLENT!. he further tweeted the collections of the eighth day which were Rs. 4.50 cr taking the total collections up to Rs. 88 cr.
#Airlift [Week 2] Fri 4.50 cr. Total: ₹ 88 cr. India biz. VERY STEADY!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 30, 2016
Airlift had earned Rs. 12.35 cr. on its opening day, then earned Rs. 14.60 cr on the second day. The third day collections were even higher as it grossed Rs. 17.35 cr on the final day of the opening weekend. The collections went down to Rs. 10.40 cr on the fourth day. But the film witnessed a stupendous rise in its collections of Day 5 – January 26, which was a public holiday.
The collections on day five were Rs. 17.80 cr and the film is now headed to enter the Rs 100 crore club soon. (Photos: Airlift box office collections)
The film which has already earned Rs. 26.53 worldwide is doing good internationally as well.
#Airlift Overseas *Week 1* total: $ 3.90 million [$ 3,906,903 = ₹ 26.53 cr]. GOOD!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 29, 2016
Airlift tells how the Indian government evacuation of 1,70,000 people of Indian origin and also of other nationalities through 488 flights during the Iraq-Kuwait war. (PHOTOS : Akshay Kumar, Nimrat Kaur watch Airlift with fans)
The film, which has Nimrat Kaur in the lead opposite Akshay, has been appreciated by the fans and critics alike.
(Read: Airlift movie review)
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 27, 2016
Indian Express critic Shubhra Gupta had written in her review: “It is the sort of awakening that shakes loose Katyal from his cocooned wealthy life, which he shares with his wife Amrita (Nimrat Kaur) and young daughter, forcing him to deal with a series of dangerous situations, and leading to the evacuation of more than a lakh Indians stuck between Saddam Hussain’s brutal forces and an alarmingly slow-to-take-heed Indian state.”
“Airlift”, directed by Raja Krishna Menon, also stars Nimrat Kaur and Purab Kohli in key roles. The film clashed with Ekta Kapoor’s adult comedy, Kya Kool Hain Hum 3. (Read: Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 movie review)