Airlift starring Akshay Kumar has collected Rs 100 crore at the box office in 10 days of its release. The film, which opened to good reviews from the critics and audience, earned Rs 8.26 crore on Sunday (January 31) and Rs. 2.53 crore on Monday (February 1) thus taking the grand total to Rs 105.29 cr.
Airlift, also starring Nimrat Kaur and Purab Kohli, has been going strong with each passing day. Despite two releases – Sunny Leone’s Mastizaade and Madhavan’s Saala Khadoos, the film did good business on weekend.
Taran Adarsh, who has been tweeting figures of Arilift’s box office collections, wrote: “
#Airlift is STEADY. [Week 2] Fri 4.50 cr, Sat 6.50 cr, Sun 8.26 cr, Mon 2.53 cr. Total: ₹ 105.29 cr. India biz.” (Airlift review: Akshay’s film is well executed and well-acted)
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
#Airlift is STEADY. [Week 2] Fri 4.50 cr, Sat 6.50 cr, Sun 8.26 cr, Mon 2.53 cr. Total: ₹ 105.29 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 2, 2016
Airlift has become Akshay Kumar’s fourth film to cross the 100 cr mark. Earlier his films like Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore (2012) and Holiday (2014) have achieved this feat. I needed a star for Airlift because the character needed to be larger-than-life: Raja Krishna Menon
Airlift had earned Rs. 12.35 cr. on its opening day, then earned Rs. 14.60 cr on the second day. The third day collections were even higher as it grossed Rs. 17.35 cr on the final day of the opening weekend. The collections went down to Rs. 10.40 cr on the fourth day. But the film witnessed a stupendous rise in its collections of Day 5 – January 26, which was a public holiday.