Airlift starring Akshay Kumar has collected Rs 100 crore at the box office in 10 days of its release. The film, which opened to good reviews from the critics and audience, earned Rs 8.26 crore on Sunday (January 31) and Rs. 2.53 crore on Monday (February 1) thus taking the grand total to Rs 105.29 cr.
Airlift, also starring Nimrat Kaur and Purab Kohli, has been going strong with each passing day. Despite two releases – Sunny Leone’s Mastizaade and Madhavan’s Saala Khadoos, the film did good business on weekend.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Taran Adarsh, who has been tweeting figures of Arilift’s box office collections, wrote: “
#Airlift is STEADY. [Week 2] Fri 4.50 cr, Sat 6.50 cr, Sun 8.26 cr, Mon 2.53 cr. Total: ₹ 105.29 cr. India biz.” (Airlift review: Akshay’s film is well executed and well-acted)
#Airlift is STEADY. [Week 2] Fri 4.50 cr, Sat 6.50 cr, Sun 8.26 cr, Mon 2.53 cr. Total: ₹ 105.29 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) February 2, 2016
Airlift has become Akshay Kumar’s fourth film to cross the 100 cr mark. Earlier his films like Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore (2012) and Holiday (2014) have achieved this feat. I needed a star for Airlift because the character needed to be larger-than-life: Raja Krishna Menon
Airlift had earned Rs. 12.35 cr. on its opening day, then earned Rs. 14.60 cr on the second day. The third day collections were even higher as it grossed Rs. 17.35 cr on the final day of the opening weekend. The collections went down to Rs. 10.40 cr on the fourth day. But the film witnessed a stupendous rise in its collections of Day 5 – January 26, which was a public holiday.