The petition has been filed by a city-based advocate Virednra Kumar in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohammad Shafi, who posted the case for hearing on April 17.
Kumar has demanded action against the 14 artistes including Alia Bhat, Deepika Padukone and Sonakshi Sinha under sections 292 (sale etc of obscene books), 294 (obscene acts and songs) and 120B (punishment of criminal conspiracy) of the IPC and other provisions of the Information Technology Act.
- AIB roast row: Mumbai HC refuses interim relief to Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor
- FIRs against AIB Knockout event: Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor move Bombay HC, plead ‘freedom of speech’
- AIB Roast: HC restrains police from arresting Karan Johar
- AIB Roast: Sonakshi Sinha reacts to Mahesh Bhatt as Alia Bhatt is named in FIR
- Mahesh Bhatt on AIB Knockout: If Alia can be booked, why not Sonakshi Sinha
- AIB Roast: Controversial video pulled down from Youtube
In the petition, he has stated that he received a clip of AIB show on February 6 and in the show through conversations, obscenity has been presented which cannot be narrated in words.
He had gone to the Civil Lines police station on February 7 here but the police refused to receive his complaint, it said.
As per the petition, the artistes have publicly used obscene language and have spread it publicly through internet with intention to hurt Indian culture.