Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha is all set for a second venture with south director A R Murugadoss. The actress is currently riding on the success of her latest venture ‘Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty’, which has collected over Rs 50 crore wordwide in three days of its release.
The ‘Ghajini’ director plans to make a woman-oriented action film, where Shotgun Junior will play the lead role. Sonakshi Sinha will get a training in martial arts for the role.
Sonakshi Sinha tweeted, “Its official! My next is a woman oriented Action film directed by the genius behind Ghajini & Holiday @ARMurugadoss! We start in november :)”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The action-oriented drama revolves around Sonakshi’s character and will see her to attend a 30-day workshop prior to the shoot.
Sonakshi will be seen playing a college student in this film and most of her action scenes will be based on the Indian martial arts tradition from Kerala.
“I have a great working relationship with the production house and I’m excited to collaborate on a Bollywood project with them. My film with Sonakshi is based on a story which is close to my heart and has a very personal and powerful message for all Indian women,” Murugadoss said in a statement.
The director said Sonakshi’s role will be on the lines of what Angelina Jolie did in ‘Lara Croft’.
Year 2014 was flooded with women-oriented films such as ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Queen’ and ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ among others.
Rani Mukerji and Aishwarya Rai will also be seen in action-packed roles in ‘Mardaani‘ and ‘Jazbaa’ respectively. Sanjay Gupta has in fact, roped in Fast and Furious action director for Aishwarya Rai’s stunts in her comeback film.
After a series of similar roles in 2013 – like ‘R.. Rajkumar’ and ‘Bullett Raja’ – Sonakshi, it seems, wants to break the stereotypes. Sonakshi Sinha also won accolades for her performance when she went off the ‘masala film’ category with Vikramaditya Motwane’s ‘Lootera’.
Sonakshi Sinha, who has also revamped her look off late, essayed the role of a college boxing champion in the latest film also starring Akshay Kumar.
Further, Sonakshi Sinha has ventured in stunts and action sequences for her upcoming film ‘Tevar’ co-starring Arjun Kapoor. Sonakshi Sinha is also shooting for Tamil film ‘Lingaa’, where shje will be romancing Thalaiva Rajinikanth.
Sonakshi Sinha will also be seen in Prabhudheva’s ‘Action Jackson’ opposite Ajay Devgn.
Murugadoss is currently busy wrapping up Tamil action film “Kaththi”, which is slated for a Diwali release. It features superstar Vijay in the lead.
The untitled film is being produced by Fox Star Studios. The fill will go on floors in November and will be completed within three months. (With PTI inputs)