Ranbir Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan have left the spectre of flops behind as their film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has emerged as a hit in flat five days. Directed by Karan Johar after a gap of four years, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil is doing solid business in both India and abroad. While the film has earned Rs 66.38 crore net from domestic box office, the international earnings stand at Rs 47 crore till Tuesday. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#ADHM crosses $ 7 million [₹ 46.67 cr] in the international arena on Tue. FAB!”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Earlier, the makers had released a statement on how the film is already in profit.
“In a short span of 5 days , Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hain Mushkil has managed to enter the profit zone. The film collected Rs. 13.03 crores on Tuesday and now stands at Rs. 66.38 crores. The business has now already taken it past the break-even mark as the economics of the film had been worked out quite well.”
Here is the math how ADHM has managed to bring in the profits: The film has been made at an expected budget of Rs 100 crore. Before the film released, it had already earned Rs. 75 crores with the sale of satellite, music and digital rights. For the film to be counted a success, ADHM had to earn Rs 50 crore from domestic BO. Considering the film has earned Rs 66.38 crore till Tuesday in India and an additional Rs 47 crore internationally, it is time to celebrate.
And the story doesn’t end here. The film has an extended window at the box office as this Friday will not see any major release. Competition will only come in the form of Rock On 2 which lands on November 11. So, it seems the film has earned its way in the biggest hits of the year.
And before you go, here are all the records the film has broken till now: It is the highest opener ever for Karan Johar, it is the highest opening weekend for Karan Johar and highest opening weekend for Ranbir Kapoor.