Ae Dil Hai Mushkil starring Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma is inching slowly towards the Rs 100-crore club. The film’s first-week collection is the second highest after Salman Khan-starrer Sultan. Karan Johar’s movie has already collected Rs 80.19 cr in the domestic market.
Film’s overseas performance is equally impressive. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil has collected Rs 54.71 cr internationally, which is also the second highest first-week collection after Sultan.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared, “#ADHM Fri 13.30 cr, Sat 13.10 cr, Sun 9.20 cr, Mon 17.75 cr, Tue 13.03 cr, Wed 7.63 cr, Thu 6.18 cr. Total: ₹ 80.19 cr. India biz.” Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, which also stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Fawad Khan is also performing equally well on weekdays with the film earning Rs 17.75 cr and Rs 13.03 cr on Monday and Tuesday respectively.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Meanwhile, the film has not ceased to create controversy. After protest from MNS, the film is now in the cross-hair for making fun of the legendary singer Mohammad Rafi.
Karan Johar’s film has called upon itself the wrath of many including the otherwise peace-loving Rafi family, singer Sonu Nigam and disco king Bappi Lahiri as well as zillions of Rafi fans. The reason for their anger is a dialogue of Anushka Sharma in the film where she tells Ranbir Kapoor’s character, “Mohammad Rafi? Woh gaate kam rote zyada the na?”
#ADHM [Week 2] Fri 4.56 cr. Total: ₹ 84.75 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) November 5, 2016
Sonu backed Shahid in his protest and told media, “If you can listen to the same joke about your parents then we are wrong. If your blood boils that how can someone say something like this about my parents, then hum sahi hain.”