Veteran actor Manoj Kumar wonders why the Indian film fraternity is obsessed with the Oscars. He feels that an award that Hollywood gets attracted to, should be instituted in India instead. The Padma Shri awardee and Dadasaheb Phalke Award winner told said, “We should create an award here in our country. Hollywood actors should crave to get that. Why do we have this fascination about Oscars? We know the manipulation there. If a film is liked in our country, what else do you want?”
This year, National Award-winning filmmaker Vetrimaaran’s critically acclaimed Tamil drama Visaranai has been chosen as India’s official pick for Oscars 2017 in the Foreign Language Film category. Mother India, Salaam Bombay! and Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India are the only Indian films that have made it to the top five in the Best Foreign Language Film category at the Academy Awards.
For now, Kumar is excited to be a part of the upcoming International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa, where his films Shaheed, Shor, Kranti, Purab Aur Paschim and Gumnaam will be screened. The 47th IFFI will be held from November 20-28. Among new Bollywood films, Kumar is keen to watch Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
“Films have always been my passion and I enjoy watching different kinds of cinema. I will watch ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’. Karan is a hardworking boy and he has done a good job in all his films. He has worked very hard to be where he is today,” the 79-year-old actor said of the director, who was recently under attack from right wing Hindu outfits for casting Pakistani actor Fawad Khan in the movie.