Adnan Sami, who recently received his Indian nationality, has been making news for his pro-Indian statements on different occasions. Now, the singer is trending for his statement which hints at the Pakistani actors who chose to remain silent instead of condemning the attack of Uri. “If your host has extended you a warm welcome, and suddenly a fire breaks out in (his) house, do you just run away? I feel they should have condemned the attack,” Adnan said at an event pointing out that he too had condemned the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
The musician equated the Army’s surgical strike across the LoC to an individual having to enter his/her neighbour’s house and clean out their garbage because the neighbour refused to. Taking a strong stand on his statement, Adnan said it is important to understand that the strike took place to eliminate terror camps, irrespective of which side of the border it is and even said that Pakistan should thank India and Indian army for a brilliant, successful, strategic and mature strike against terrorism in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The singer, who became the most talked about personality over Twitter for his congratulatory tweet to Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the surgical attack, was trolled by Pakistani citizens, who even went on to label him as “traitor”. On the very day of the announcement of the surgical attacks on the terrorist launch-pads in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK), Adnan wrote on Twitter, “Big Congratulations to @PMOIndia & our brave Armed forces for a brilliant, successful & mature strategic strike against #terrorism ! #Salute”
— Adnan Sami (@AdnanSamiLive) September 29, 2016
But the singer’s tweet was met with a huge backlash. People have criticised Adnan Sami for siding with India, in spite of being the “son of a PAF pilot”. He, however, chose to give a fitting reply to these people on the Internet. He said: “Pakistanis r outraged by my earlier tweet. Their outburst clearly means they see Terrorist & Pakistan as the same!”
— Adnan Sami (@AdnanSamiLive) September 30, 2016
With this, Adnan became one of the many soft targets of the ongoing tension between India and Pakistan. Twitter has been abuzz with hate for Adnan Sami, who was merely expressing his opinion. While MNS workers and supporters have declared that they will boycott artists from Pakistan like Fawad Khan, Ali Fazal, Mahira Khan etc. Adnan is being spewed venom at because he supported India’s stand.