In both his past films, the 28-year-old actor was seen playing characters addicted to alcohol, and he pulled it off well. Now, ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’, directed by Habib Faisal, will see him play a cook from Lucknow and Parineeti Chopra plays his love interest.
“I guess I am good at playing a bevda (drunkard). But I don’t want the roles in which I am required to a play an alcoholic anymore. I think I should include it in my contracts. But in this film (‘Daawat-e-Ishq‘), my character is high on food,” Aditya said on Thursday evening.
He was in the capital with Parineeti to launch the first song of the movie, produced by Yash Raj Films. Talking about his character, Aditya disclosed that he plays Tariq, a happy-go-lucky man.
“In the last films, I feel my characters have had a very serious undertone. In this film, I play a happy soul… He is guy with a big heart. I am glad that I got to work with Habib who has seen so much in the world and it is because of him that I was able to play this character,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
There’s also something Aditya Roy Kapur has done in the film that he’s not done before many times.
“I haven’t done much song and dance (sequences) in my previous films, and always tried to be in the corner of the frame whenever there was a song. But in this film, I have tried to dance and it was fun. But yes, I had to rehearse a lot,” he said.