In both his past films, the 28-year-old actor was seen playing characters addicted to alcohol, and he pulled it off well. Now, ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’, directed by Habib Faisal, will see him play a cook from Lucknow and Parineeti Chopra plays his love interest.
“I guess I am good at playing a bevda (drunkard). But I don’t want the roles in which I am required to a play an alcoholic anymore. I think I should include it in my contracts. But in this film (‘Daawat-e-Ishq‘), my character is high on food,” Aditya said on Thursday evening.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
He was in the capital with Parineeti to launch the first song of the movie, produced by Yash Raj Films. Talking about his character, Aditya disclosed that he plays Tariq, a happy-go-lucky man.
“In the last films, I feel my characters have had a very serious undertone. In this film, I play a happy soul… He is guy with a big heart. I am glad that I got to work with Habib who has seen so much in the world and it is because of him that I was able to play this character,” he said.
There’s also something Aditya Roy Kapur has done in the film that he’s not done before many times.
“I haven’t done much song and dance (sequences) in my previous films, and always tried to be in the corner of the frame whenever there was a song. But in this film, I have tried to dance and it was fun. But yes, I had to rehearse a lot,” he said.