After Sooraj Pancholi was accused of abetting the suicide of actor Jiah Khan, it is the actor’s father who has got himself into trouble, all thanks to a parking area! A local court on Saturday convicted Bollywood actor Aditya Pancholi and sentenced him to one-year imprisonment for assaulting his neighbour. “The local magistrate’s court at suburban Andheri has convicted Pancholi for assaulting and criminal intimidation”, a senior police official said.
The Magistrate Amitabh Panchbhai after convicting Pancholi released him on the bail of Rs 12,000. According to the police, Pancholi hit his neighbour Pratik Pasrani and reportedly fractured his nose at their building in 2005. The police had said that Pancholi’s guest had parked his vehicle at the space earmarked for Pasrani at ‘Magnum Opus’ Apartments in suburban Versova. Pasrani objected to it and asked the security staff to clear the vehicle following which an altercation broke between the duo and the actor assaulted Pasrani, they had said.
Also read | Jiah Khan suicide: Bombay HC stays Sooraj Pancholi’s trial for 3 weeks
The police initially registered a non-cognizable case but the medical examination revealed that Pasrani’s nose was broken, so the police registered a case of grievous hurt and criminal intimidation. As reported by Mumbai Mirror, Mangesh Rangnekar, Pancholi’s lawyer, had said that the allegations against the actor stated that he had fractured Pasrani’s nose. But there was no CCTV footage and the ruling was based only on the statements of six people. The report also read that the prosecution examined six witnesses which included Pasrani, his wife, the doctor who treated him as well as the investigating officer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Under section 325 of the Indian Penal Code, the court found Pancholi guilty and hence has been given only one year of imprisonment. However, the section entails a maximum jail period of seven years.
(With inputs from PTI)