Ranveer Singh says filmmaker Aditya Chopra was not willing to shoot Befikre in any other city than Paris despite the terror attacks that hit the French capital in November last year.
France was rocked by multiple, near simultaneous attacks on entertainment sites around Paris last evening that claimed over 120 lives. The 31-year-old actor said the filmmaker had written the romantic movie with Paris in his mind and didn’t want to
compromise when it came to the filming location.
“My mentor Aditya Chopra conceptualised this film in Paris, he wrote this film with Paris in his heart and mind. When the pre-production of this film was in full swing the Paris terror attacks happened every body was asking Adi sir to change the location and consider another city.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Adi sir turned back and said ‘That’s not the spirit of the film. I have written this film with Paris in mind and the moto of this film is to be carefree. This film was about those who dare to love and I dare to romance this city and what may come I shoot this in Paris. I am not going to move this to any other city’,” Ranveer said.
The actor was speaking at the trailer launch of the film at the Eiffel Tower. The film also stars Vaani Kapoor in the lead, and the actress said Aditya wanted to shoot the film like a local and hence worked with the local crew.
“Aditya used to say that he wants to film the movie like a Paris insider and which probably was one of the prime reasons for taking French technicians because he wanted people
who knew Paris truly.
“90 per cent of our crew was French and it brought a great energy and vibrancy to the film which made the movie fresh and new,” said Vaani. The trailer of the film was launched at the Eiffiel tower making it the first cinema event ever organised at the tourist destination. The movie also aims at promoting the French capital as the tourist destination.