Actress Aditi Rao Hydari has flaunted a bikini and kissed on screen too. While she is “proud” of her bikini scene in “Boss”, she says actresses, if seen “smooching repeatedly”, could end up acquiring a “reputation” in the minds of the “conservative” Indian audiences.
Would she have desisted from doing multiple smooches with Arunodoy Singh in “Yeh Saali Zindagi” and the bikini sequence in “Boss” if she had a choice?
“I am very proud of my bikini sequence in ‘Boss’. I think I have the physique to carry off the swimwear. No one can force me to wear what I don’t want to. I wore a bikini in ‘Boss’ because I was comfortable in that scene. If I am not convinced, then no power on earth can convince me,” she said.
As for “Yeh Saali Zindagi”, Aditi feels things went out of hand.
“About the kisses, I’ll have to admit we went overboard. I realised only later that the image is very important for the Hindi film actress. It doesn’t matter how many times a male actor kisses on screen. If a female actor is seen smooching repeatedly, she acquires a reputation. Ours is a very conservative audience and film industry,” she noted.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Here, smoking, drinking and wearing short dresses are equivalents of being liberated. For me, these external trappings of emancipation are secondary. To me, freedom means the freedom to say yes or no as I want.”