Actress Bhagyashree, who made her Bollywood debut with ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’, says she does not foresee herself doing typical stuff but would love to essay meaningful roles.
The actress is making a comeback in the industry with thriller TV show ‘Laut Aao Trisha’, being aired on channel Life Ok.
“There are very few films like ‘English Vinglish’ are being made. Though new kind of cinema is being made today, but after a certain age, actresses are relegated to playing a mother or ‘bhabhi’. This is something I don’t foresee myself doing,” Bhagyashree said in an interview here.
The actress is keen to do powerful and substantial roles, be it in films or on TV, like the one of Kirron Kher in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Devdas’.
“The length of the role doesn’t matter. It has to be a substantial role. I would like to play character roles and it should excite me,” she said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Best remembered for her role as ‘Suman’ opposite Salman in 1989 blockbuster ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’, Bhagyashree did not miss being in front of the camera.
“I haven’t been really out of it (work) completely. I worked in couple of films down South and did some international projects. I was not there constantly as I had family and kids to look after,” she added.
Bhagyashree, who had made her television debut with show ‘Kachchi Dhoop’, said she is happy to get back to work and hopes the show does well.
“I liked the story of the show. It is different from what you usually see on TV. It is a very socially relevant issue and it is important that things come out and people discuss about it,” she said.
The show ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ is an intriguing story full of tricky plots and deals with in family crimes. Bhagyashree plays the role of a mother Amrita Swaikar, who begins a quest to search for her missing daughter, Trisha.
Like every mother, Bhagyashree too has certain kind of fear when it comes to her two children.
“Definitely there is a fear. I have brought up my son and daughter, equally. Both have restrictions over timing, night stay, etc. But there is a certain safety concern when it
comes to a girl,” she added.