Actress Bhagyashree, who made her Bollywood debut with ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’, says she does not foresee herself doing typical stuff but would love to essay meaningful roles.
The actress is making a comeback in the industry with thriller TV show ‘Laut Aao Trisha’, being aired on channel Life Ok.
“There are very few films like ‘English Vinglish’ are being made. Though new kind of cinema is being made today, but after a certain age, actresses are relegated to playing a mother or ‘bhabhi’. This is something I don’t foresee myself doing,” Bhagyashree said in an interview here.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The actress is keen to do powerful and substantial roles, be it in films or on TV, like the one of Kirron Kher in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Devdas’.
“The length of the role doesn’t matter. It has to be a substantial role. I would like to play character roles and it should excite me,” she said.
Best remembered for her role as ‘Suman’ opposite Salman in 1989 blockbuster ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’, Bhagyashree did not miss being in front of the camera.
“I haven’t been really out of it (work) completely. I worked in couple of films down South and did some international projects. I was not there constantly as I had family and kids to look after,” she added.
Bhagyashree, who had made her television debut with show ‘Kachchi Dhoop’, said she is happy to get back to work and hopes the show does well.
“I liked the story of the show. It is different from what you usually see on TV. It is a very socially relevant issue and it is important that things come out and people discuss about it,” she said.
The show ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ is an intriguing story full of tricky plots and deals with in family crimes. Bhagyashree plays the role of a mother Amrita Swaikar, who begins a quest to search for her missing daughter, Trisha.
Like every mother, Bhagyashree too has certain kind of fear when it comes to her two children.
“Definitely there is a fear. I have brought up my son and daughter, equally. Both have restrictions over timing, night stay, etc. But there is a certain safety concern when it
comes to a girl,” she added.