Actress Esha Gupta, who stars in Sajid Khan’s ‘Humshakals’, said she accepted the film despite knowing that she did not have much to do in the movie.
“Girls are there to add glamour in Sajid Khan’s films. If you are not glamourous enough, it is not going to help. He did not have to do much work on me. He just asked the stylists to make me look hot, and hence people will see me in that avatar in the film,” she said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Esha said comedies are mostly male-dominated in India and actresses are there in the film to react rather than act.
“I did not expect to get something big in ‘Humshakals’ like I had in ‘Raaz 3D’. In comedy films, actresses react to what the boys do,” she said.
Also Read: Kareena Kapoor taught me how to pout for ‘Humshakals’ role, says Saif Ali Khan
The actress said one of the reasons for her to take up ‘Humshakals’ was that she wanted to do a family entertainer, as her previous movies, ‘Jannat 2’ and ‘Raaz 3D’ had adult content while ‘Chakravyuh’ was a serious film.
“Coming from Delhi, we like watching light-hearted films. I like loud comedies. I am a Sajid Khan fan and loved ‘Housefull’,” she said.
Esha said she got along very well with Tamannaah and Bipasha, with whom she has worked in ‘Raaz 3D’.
“The first day Tamannah and I met was for shooting of the song ‘Caller Tune’ and we started talking. Sajid came to us and said ‘Why are you both laughing? I need controversy for my film. I want you to fight’,” she said.