Actress Esha Gupta, who stars in Sajid Khan’s ‘Humshakals’, said she accepted the film despite knowing that she did not have much to do in the movie.
“Girls are there to add glamour in Sajid Khan’s films. If you are not glamourous enough, it is not going to help. He did not have to do much work on me. He just asked the stylists to make me look hot, and hence people will see me in that avatar in the film,” she said.
Esha said comedies are mostly male-dominated in India and actresses are there in the film to react rather than act.
“I did not expect to get something big in ‘Humshakals’ like I had in ‘Raaz 3D’. In comedy films, actresses react to what the boys do,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Also Read: Kareena Kapoor taught me how to pout for ‘Humshakals’ role, says Saif Ali Khan
The actress said one of the reasons for her to take up ‘Humshakals’ was that she wanted to do a family entertainer, as her previous movies, ‘Jannat 2’ and ‘Raaz 3D’ had adult content while ‘Chakravyuh’ was a serious film.
“Coming from Delhi, we like watching light-hearted films. I like loud comedies. I am a Sajid Khan fan and loved ‘Housefull’,” she said.
Esha said she got along very well with Tamannaah and Bipasha, with whom she has worked in ‘Raaz 3D’.
“The first day Tamannah and I met was for shooting of the song ‘Caller Tune’ and we started talking. Sajid came to us and said ‘Why are you both laughing? I need controversy for my film. I want you to fight’,” she said.