Bollywood actor Rajesh Vivek, mainly known for his roles in superhits like ‘Lagaan’ and ‘Swades’, died due to a heart attack in Hyderabad on January 14. He was 66.
“Rajesh passed away in Hyderabad due to a heart attack. He was shooting there for a south Indian film. It is very shocking news,” said Vivek’s friend Vishnu Sharma. Rajesh Vivek was first introduced by Shyam Benegal in his film ‘Junoon’ (1978).
Basically a theatre actor, he had also acted in popular television series ‘Mahabharata’, ‘Bharat Ek Khoj’ and in ‘Aghori’. (Pics of Rajesh Vivek’s best films)
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He made his mark as a villain in the beginning with films like ‘Veerana’ and ‘Joshilay’, often playing roles of henchman, but later on he started doing comic or supporting roles. (Lagaan team bids goodbye to Rajesh Vivek)
Some of his latest films include ‘Bunty Aur Babli’, ‘Bhoot Unkle’, ‘What is Your Rashee’, ‘Agneepath’, ‘Son of Sardaar’, ‘Dishkiyaaun’.
He had played the role of a dreaded dacoit in “Bandit Queen” (1994). (Naseeruddin Shah mourns the death of his friend and Lagaan actor Rajesh Vivek)