Bollywood actor Rajesh Vivek, mainly known for his roles in superhits like ‘Lagaan’ and ‘Swades’, died due to a heart attack in Hyderabad on January 14. He was 66.
“Rajesh passed away in Hyderabad due to a heart attack. He was shooting there for a south Indian film. It is very shocking news,” said Vivek’s friend Vishnu Sharma. Rajesh Vivek was first introduced by Shyam Benegal in his film ‘Junoon’ (1978).
Basically a theatre actor, he had also acted in popular television series ‘Mahabharata’, ‘Bharat Ek Khoj’ and in ‘Aghori’. (Pics of Rajesh Vivek’s best films)
He made his mark as a villain in the beginning with films like ‘Veerana’ and ‘Joshilay’, often playing roles of henchman, but later on he started doing comic or supporting roles. (Lagaan team bids goodbye to Rajesh Vivek)
Some of his latest films include ‘Bunty Aur Babli’, ‘Bhoot Unkle’, ‘What is Your Rashee’, ‘Agneepath’, ‘Son of Sardaar’, ‘Dishkiyaaun’.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
He had played the role of a dreaded dacoit in “Bandit Queen” (1994). (Naseeruddin Shah mourns the death of his friend and Lagaan actor Rajesh Vivek)