After clinching a beauty crown, Priyanka Chopra went on to win hearts with her acting prowess and after reigning on the big screen, she explored the world of music. Now, the actress has set her eyes on becoming a superwoman through action scenes in her films.
The actress, who has showcased her strength and power through a bevy of films like “Mary Kom”, “Don” and “Drona”, says she tries to fulfil her secret desire of being a superwoman through action scenes.
- Photos: Priyanka Chopra turns a tourist guide for fans in Italy before Quantico 3 shooting begins
- Priyanka Chopra walks in like a boss on the sets of Quantico 3. Watch video
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: Here is why she is the true Miss World who took the globe by storm
- Priyanka Chopra’s American Dream: On her birthday today, a low-down on how the Quantico star became America’s sweetheart
- Priyanka Chopra movies list till 2017, her upcoming films for 2017 and 2018
- Training Priyanka for 'Jai Gangaajal' helped 'Quantico': Prakash Jha
She is gearing up for an action packed project of director Pradeep Sarkar. The actress executed a perfect three-point-landing after jumping off a tree during one of her action sequences. That left the whole crew impressed.
“My inherent tomboy persona comes out everytime I do an action sequence and I channelled all my secret desire of being a superhero into this sequence. My director was happy, the crew was happy…so I can safely say, I got it done,” Priyanka said in a statement.
Sarkar is known for bringing strong female characters in his cinema with films like “Parineeta” and “Mardaani”. Priyanka says teaming up with Sarkar has made her job as an actor easy.
“It’s always exciting to work with creative personalities like Dada (Sarkar), who have a vision and such clarity that it makes my job easier. It was super fun doing this with him,” she said.
All the information about the project is shrouded in secrecy. Without divulging much about the project, Priyanka said: “Patience… all will be revealed soon enough.”
Meanwhile, the actress will be seen in Zoya Akhtar’s multi-starrer “Dil Dhadakne Do”, which also stars Farhan Akhtar, Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma and Shefali Shah. It will release on Friday.