Award-winning films like “Margarita With A Straw” and “Chotushkone” will be screened at the 10th edition of Habitat Film Festival which will also have a retrospective on actor-director Kamal Haasan‘s work.
The 10-day movie gala, to begin from May 8, will showcase best of 48 Pan-Indian movies in thirteen languages.
The festival will showcase Haasan’s hits “Ek Duje Ke Liye”, “Sadma”, “Chachi 420” and “Saagar”.
- Kamal Haasan on Bigg Boss Tamil, Indian 2: I will use every opportunity to spread my message
- Is this Kamal Haasan’s look for Indian 2?
- Me and Sridevi were like brother-sister: Kamal Haasan
- Happy birthday Kamal Haasan: Here is why the Ulaganayagan is more than just an actor
- Kamal Haasan returns to Bollywood, teams up with Saif Ali Khan
- ‘Margarita, With A Straw’ opens 10th Habitat Film Festival
Shonali Bose’s highly acclaimed disability drama “Margarita With A Straw”, starring Kalki Koechlin, and Bengali movie “Teen Kahon” directed by Bauddhayan Mukherji will be the opening films.
The festival will provide audiences an unique opportunity to interact with directors in a post film Q and A session.
Celebrities like Koechlin, Haasan, Shoojit Sircar, Ananth Mahadevan, Pushpendra Singh, Bauddhayan Mukherji, Abhishek Jain, Sohini Dasgupta, Atanu Ghosh, Hiren Bhora, Sajin Baabu among others are expected to be a part of the festival.
Apart from film screenings, there will be several other activities like exhibition, book reading and discussion will also take place in the same venue.