Taking a stand against online trolling, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has asked his fans to refrain from abusing and deriding other films and actors on social media.
It seems the triggering point was the usual fan-war between his and superstar Salman Khan’s followers, which was laced with expletives. While the two actors have buried the hatchet, some fans still continue to ridicule them.
- IFFI 2017 opening ceremony highlights: Shah Rukh Khan and Sridevi kick off the cinema carnival
- VIDEO: Shah Rukh Khan gets a lift in Mamata Banerjee's 'small car' to Kolkata airport; and Twitterati's all buzzed
- Shah Rukh Khan: The concept of super stardom will change with time
- As Shah Rukh Khan turns 52, son AbRam, Aamir Khan, Farhan Akhtar and others wish the superstar
- On Shah Rukh Khan's 52nd birthday, Amul created a nostalgic clip for King Khan
- Happy birthday Shah Rukh Khan: King Khan's charm is way beyond the characters he portrays on screen and that is why his fans can't stop loving him
Shah Rukh, 49, took to Twitter and said that social media gives people the liberty to say what they want but they should not misuse the power to troll others. “On social media you do/say what you feel, free expression blah blah, But will request my people not to deride or abuse other films & colleagues. Not cool.”
Calling the users, who use abusive language as “idiots”, the “Chennai Express” actor further tweeted, “But your life your rules. Am not here to teach manners. But I deal with idiots with sarcasm… (sic).”
Earlier, Salman had warned his fans to stop trolling other celebrities, threatening to even quit social media because of “nasty, ugly, abusive” Twitter fights. “Fan who is on a false identity using it to put another actor, friend, colleague down, is no fan of mine, don’t like…” he had tweeted.