Filmmaker Farah Khan says actor Abhishek Bachchan has taken on the “responsibility” of writing a possible sequel of her hit heist comedy “Happy New Year”.
She says that after the success of “Happy New Year”, Abhishek, who played a key role in the ensemble cast film, was pressuring the filmmaker to make a sequel. So, she entrusted him with the job of the sequel’s story.
“Abhishek Bachchan is writing for ‘Happy New Year’ sequel. He has taken the responsibility now,” Farah quipped here on Monday during the screening of the film “Margarita With A Straw”.
- Happy birthday Abhishek Bachchan: Farah Khan to Anil Kapoor, celebs wish Junior Bachchan
- Anil Kapoor, Karan Johar, Abhishek Bachchan and others attend Farah Khan’s birthday dinner. See photos
- Pressurising Farah to make ‘Happy New Year’ sequel: Abhishek Bachchan
- Exclusive: Happy New Year is my most accomplished film, says Farah Khan
- Farah Khan on the past clash with Shah Rukh Khan: We don’t take each other for granted anymore
- When Abhishek Bachchan threatened to leave the sets of Farah Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’
“If I will like the script, then we would make the sequel,” she added.
Further, on being asked about her role in the sequel, she said: “I would be directing it.”
“Happy New Year” that released around Diwali last year, featured Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Boman Irani and Vivaan Shah, apart from Sonu Sood and Abhishek.