Abhishek Bachchan has backed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demonetisation policy by calling it “a positive move”. The 40-year-old star said change can bring about a bit of discomfort but it is for the larger good of people and the nation.
“Anybody, who is trying do something good for the country needs to be supported. And that’s what we should do. It’s a move in the positive direction,” Abhishek told PTI.
Abhishek’s comment came after his actress wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan lent her support to PM Modi over the move.
“Just like Aishwarya said that changes aren’t always comfortable but it is good,” he said during a promotional event for watch brand Omega. The actor is the latest celebrity to come out in support of PM Modi’s demonetisation move. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan,
south superstar Rajinikanth, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, among others have previously lauded the decision.
Earlier Shahid Kapoor also spoke about demonetisation. Said Shahid, “If corruption is what you want to remove then you have to take some tough measures. It’s still early to comment on how it will go because there are some practicalities that are attached to the change in currency and the notes that have been changed. So it is going to be difficult. Everybody is finding it difficult.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, Shahid is all for tolerating these difficulties if the same can stop corruption. “If it leads to less corruption, less black money and less fake money, which is also a big issue that we are facing, then it is a bold step and we are in the right direction,” averred Shahid.