Abhijeet Bhattacharya has criticised superstar Salman Khan for questioning the campaign against Pakistani artistes working in India. He also accused the actor of being “ashamed to show loyalty to India” and supporting terrorism.
Bhattacharya’s comments have emerged a day after Salman expressed his views about the “ultimatum” issued by Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and the “ban” by Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) on Pakistani artists from working in Indian showbiz. Salman said on Friday: “They are artists. What do you think… Are artists terrorists? They come to India with visa. Who gives them the visa? Our (Indian) government gives them a visa. The government gives them the work permit.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Bhattacharya on Saturday tweeted: “Pakistani and Indian artists have one thing common, both enjoy India’s money, love, fame and both are anti-India anti-Indian Army #SalmanKhan. Fawad Khan shows true patriotism towards his country Pakistan, whilst Bollywood’s Salman Khan is ashamed to show loyalty to India.” The singer also claimed Salman is busy shooting films with Pakistan talent and doesn’t pay any heed to the issues of the country.
He posted: “Superstars don’t watch news of #UriAttack #Pakistan killing, shooting, butchering Indians, they are busy too. shooting with Pakis”. When a social media user hailed his views, he went to dig into Salman’s infamous 2002 hit-and-run case.
— abhijeet (@abhijeetsinger) October 1, 2016
— abhijeet (@abhijeetsinger) September 30, 2016
Bhattacharya posted, “Because of our law machinery, Salman Khan is roaming free and supporting terrorism.” MNS had issued a 48-hour ultimatum on September 23 to all Pakistani cine and television artistes to leave India. The ban came after the September 18 terror attack that killed 19 Indian soldiers in Uri, Jammu and Kashmir.
Then, IMPPA also announced it has decided to ban Pakistani artists and technicians from working in India until the hostilities between the two countries subside. Salman’s views on the issue snowballed into a controversy with MNS President Raj Thackeray and Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut condemning it.
Raut said that veteran scriptwriter Salim Khan should keep his son Salman under house arrest, adding that the Bollywood superstar “blabbers” because no one in his family has ever died for the country. Thackeray said “these artists (Salman) should realise ‘Nation first’. If they have so many problems, we will ban their movies too”.
In a new development, it was reported that all Indian channels were banned in Pakistan by Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA). A few cinema halls in Pakistan have already decided against releasing any Indian movies.