Actor Abhay says he is not against the institution of marriage.
“I am not anti-marriage. I see marriage as a cultural phenomenon and not as a natural phenomenon. I don’t think signing on a piece of paper will make me more committed than I already am. Whether I am married or not, if I am with you I am committed. That won’t change,” Abhay told PTI.
“It is very easy to nullify a marriage by getting a divorce. The only sense marriage makes is to share property, your children inherit the name and all that…it is all legal reasons to get married and no reason for love,” he said.
Abhay, who is in a relationship with former Miss Great Britain Preeti Desai for almost four years, feels love can blossom either way, whether one gets married or not.
“I might say let’s get married because I am not rigid, I live moment to moment. These are my views and it is person to person, one should not get influenced with what I am saying,” he said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
“The only thing that is common in all of us is humanity,” he said adding that he doesn’t believe in morals defined by society, but has principles which he has set for himself and follows them.
With Preeti too being a part of showbiz, Abhay feels there are pros and cons of being in the same profession.
“I think for two people of the same profession to date have their own set of difficulties and good part. The easy part is as actors you know how the schedule…working hours are, there is a lot of travelling, so the understanding is there. But there is disadvantage also, the same reasons like travelling, long odd working hours work against it (relation) as well,” he said.
Abhay and Preeti will be seen together in an upcoming film ‘One By Two’. According to him, in his relationship, there is trust and respect for each other.
“Everyone has to invest in a relation. Like any other couple we do fight and then patch up as well…that’s the beauty of a relation,” he added.