Actor Abhay says he is not against the institution of marriage.
“I am not anti-marriage. I see marriage as a cultural phenomenon and not as a natural phenomenon. I don’t think signing on a piece of paper will make me more committed than I already am. Whether I am married or not, if I am with you I am committed. That won’t change,” Abhay told PTI.
“It is very easy to nullify a marriage by getting a divorce. The only sense marriage makes is to share property, your children inherit the name and all that…it is all legal reasons to get married and no reason for love,” he said.
Abhay, who is in a relationship with former Miss Great Britain Preeti Desai for almost four years, feels love can blossom either way, whether one gets married or not.
“I might say let’s get married because I am not rigid, I live moment to moment. These are my views and it is person to person, one should not get influenced with what I am saying,” he said.
“The only thing that is common in all of us is humanity,” he said adding that he doesn’t believe in morals defined by society, but has principles which he has set for himself and follows them.
With Preeti too being a part of showbiz, Abhay feels there are pros and cons of being in the same profession.
“I think for two people of the same profession to date have their own set of difficulties and good part. The easy part is as actors you know how the schedule…working hours are, there is a lot of travelling, so the understanding is there. But there is disadvantage also, the same reasons like travelling, long odd working hours work against it (relation) as well,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Abhay and Preeti will be seen together in an upcoming film ‘One By Two’. According to him, in his relationship, there is trust and respect for each other.
“Everyone has to invest in a relation. Like any other couple we do fight and then patch up as well…that’s the beauty of a relation,” he added.