“0ur film “ABCD 2″ connected to Mumbai and the whole country. In the film we make India’s first dance team which participates in an international dance competition,” Varun said here Friday on the sets of the singing reality show “Indian Idol Junior 2”.
- Before Varun Dhawan-Katrina Kaif’s dance film, watch these Bollywood dance movies
- Varun Dhawan, Katrina Kaif and Prabhu Deva to have a dance battle in Remo D’Souza next, watch video
- If you’re representing your country, it’s your duty to do it properly: Varun Dhawan
- There’s a difference between non-actors, actors: Remo D’Souza
- ‘ABCD 2’ poster leak leaves Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor miffed
- Varun Dhawan: ‘ABCD 2’ my ode to dancers
“So, we are planning to go to different places and reach out to the people and kids, who want to do something in their life in their respective talents and art. We want to reach them and discuss how we can help them out,” he added.
“ABCD 2” is a sequel to Remo D’Souza’s 2013 hit dance based 3D film “ABCD -AnyBody Can Dance” which was a commercial hit and minted a good amount of money. However, Varun asserts the sequel is not meant with that thought in mind and has an important message to give.
“I know it is a very commercial film and will be talked about from the money point of view only but Remo D’Souza has not made this film with that thought,” said the actor.
“He genuinely wants that whenever anyone watches the film, he says ‘anybody can dance’. We are trying to give an important message through this film that ‘dance to express and not to impress’,” he added.
Directed by Remo D’Souza, the film is slated to release on June 19. It also stars Prabhudheva and international dancer Lauren Gottlieb.