Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan believes that to combat violence against women, men will first have to change their attitude.
‘Dhoom 3’ star recently sent out a video message promoting the cause of the One Billion Rising campaign, a movement to end violence against women.
Aamir Khan further said in the video, “Raising our hand to strike a woman does not increase our masculinity. Instead, it shows cowardice.”
“If we truly want to be real men, I feel, we will have to first learn to be sensitive,” the actor expressed.
The campaign was also proactive last year and promoted awareness of violence against women via several mediums.
Last year on February 14, about one billion people in 207 countries rose, sang and danced to this demand. It is global campaign to end to violence against women, rise for justice and promote gender equality.
The word ‘billion’ refers to the statistics that one in three women will be raped or beaten in their lifetime, or about one billion.
Aamir Khan urged his fans, this year, by saying, “ This year in Feburary, a billion voices will rise again to end violence against women I urge you to join in and become a part of this movement.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Watch the video: Aamir Khan Endorses One Billion Rising