Superstar Aamir Khan’s nude poster for his upcoming film ‘PK’ invited shock, amusement and even a case, but online buzz suggests it is inspired by a Portuguese musician’s cover art in 1973.
The old poster, which the musician Quim Barreiros apparently used for his album promotions, shows a man posing nude holding an accordion to hide his modesty, bearing resemblance to the ‘PK’ teaser where Aamir is seen naked with a tape-recorder.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The film’s poster evoked all kind of reaction including a case against the 49-year-old star for propagating obscenity. But this is not the first time that the poster of an Aamir’s film has been called a copycat.
His last superhit action venture Dhoom 3’s poster was said to be inspired from Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Dark Knight’.
The popular first look of ‘Dhoom 3’, which saw Aamir looking out of a large window, seemed similar to Nolan’s movie, where Christian Bale’s Batman was seen striking the same pose.
The poster of movies like ‘Ra.One’, ‘Ram Leela’ and ‘Anjaana Anjaani’ were noted for their resemblance to Hollywood posters.