Superstar Aamir Khan’s ‘Dhoom 3’ and Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Chennai Express’ have been nominated in the worst film category at the sixth annual Golden Kela awards, a spin off on Hollywood’s Razzies.
The awards, to be given on March 29, recognize and honour the best of the worst in Hindi cinema every year by audience poll.
Other films that have made it to the worst movie category are Ranbir Kapoor’s ‘Besharam’, Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Krrish 3’ and ‘Himmatwala’, which is also nominated in the worst actor (Ajay Devgn), worst director (Sajid Khan) and RGV Ki Aag award for the most pointless remake or sequel.
Ranveer Singh’s turn as Ram in ‘Goliyon Ki Raas Leela… Ram Leel’ while his co-star Deepika Padukone, who had four hits last year, has been named in the worst actress category for her outing with Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Chennai Express’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the female actors’ category, Sonam Kapoor (Ranjhanaa) and her contemporary Deepika have made it to the list a third time. Shraddha Kapoor is giving company to her co-star Aditya for her role in ‘Aashiqui 2’. The other two additions Pallavi Sharda for her debut in ‘Besharam’ and Sonakshi Sinha for ‘R… Rajkumar’.
Aditya Roy Kapoor and Imran Khan have garnered their second nominations in the worst best supporting actor category for ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ and ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’. Actor Sanjay Dutt has been named for his role of Sher Khan in ‘Zanjeer’ remake with the entire starcast of ‘ABCD’.
The worst director list includes Sanjay Leela Bhansali for ‘Goliyon Ki Raas Leela… Ram Leela’, Rohit Shetty ‘Chennai Express’, Prabhu Deva ‘R… Rajkumar’, and Rakesh Roshan for son Hrithik Roshan starrer ‘Kkrish 3’.
Among other categories, the award also has a hilarious section titled Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award (Have you gone mad?) and the nominees in the list include Aamir Khan for starring in mindless caper ‘Dhoom 3’, Vishal Bhardwaj for making flop ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’, Abhinav Kashyap and Ranbir Kapoor for making ‘Besharam’, Tigmanshu Dhulia for his commercial attempt ‘Bullett Raja’ and Sudhir Mishra ‘Inkaar’.
“The movies that released this year gave us ample choice for the nominations. It might be tough for the voters to decide which one was the absolute worst! This time the nominations were especially difficult, because Bollywood spewed out an incredible amount of crappy films and the Indian audience spent a large amount of money on them,” Jatin Varma, Founder, Golden Kela Awards, said in a statement.
The other category includes Aakhir Kyun Award, Dara Singh Award for Worst Accent, Bas Kijiye Bahut Ho Gaya (That’s enough), Aap Yahaan Aaye Kisliye Award (Why have you come here?) and Ra.One Award for Worst Premise.