Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan declined to comment on whether he has signed the biopic on India’s first astronaut Rakesh Sharma.
“I have not signed any film yet. I have just begun to read scripts and explore the possibility,” Aamir told reporters here at an event when asked whether he will do Rakesh Sharma biopic or not.
Gossip mills are abuzz that the 51-year-old actor will be seen in the biopic on Sharma.
The “Lagaan” star feels it is unfair to talk about a film that he is yet to sign.
When prodded further whether script of Rakesh Sharma biopic is the one film that he is reading, Aamir said, “It is not fair to talk about a film till I sign it. There are lot of people who approach me and they do it with confidence.
- Aamir Khan: My choice of films dictated by my emotional interest
- Aamir Khan joins hands with Siddharth Roy Kapur for Rakesh Sharma biopic titled Salute
- Aamir Khan denies of doing the Rakesh Sharma biopic
- Confirmed: Aamir Khan to play astronaut Rakesh Sharma in biopic
- Not changing Dangal's release date: Aamir Khan
- A film with Shah Rukh and Salman would be very exciting: Aamir Khan
“When someone narrates me the script I don’t tell anyone about it. And if I don’t do it (film), then it is said Aamir rejected the film and why he did and all these things come up,” he added.
The “Ghulam” actor feels people approach him with faith and he likes to uphold that.
“When people (director) come to me they come with faith and I like to uphold that. Whichever script I hear one will never come to know about it. So, I will neither confirm nor deny your question,” he added.
Rakesh Sharma is a former Indian Air Force pilot who flew aboard Soyuz T-11, launched in April 1984, as part of the Intercosmos programme.
Sharma was the first Indian to travel in space.