Director Mansoor Khan has revealed he was keen on bringing superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan together for his action drama Josh, but the latter rejected the film as he wanted to play SRK’s role Max. Shah Rukh essayed the role of Max, a gang leader in Vasco, Goa in the 2000 multi-starrer.
Aamir was apparently offered the role of simpleton Rahul, but Mansoor said Max’s character was so charismatic that his cousin did not want to play a lover boy in front of him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“He (Aamir) refused to play the role. I saw that as perfect casting. Aamir wanted to change the image and he no longer wanted to play the lover boy or romantic hero,” Mansoor told reporters here on the sidelines of Jio MAMI film festival here last evening.
“The character of Max was charismatic so, everyone wanted to play Max. So Aamir would have never let Shah Rukh play it,” he said. The character of Rahul was finally played by Chandrachur Singh.
Shah Rukh and Aamir have not shared screen space yet. The Qayamat se Qayamat Tak helmer also said he initially wanted Kajol to play Shah Rukh’s sister but the actress rejected the offer. The role then went to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
“When I met Kajol to play Shah Rukh’s sister she walked away. I asked her if she is doing the film she said I want to play Max. So it was such an enigmatic character,” he added.