Aamir Khan has always promoted social causes and has even been the ambassador of ‘Athithi Devo Bhava’ campaign for years now. The actor has now decided to extend his support for a cleanliness drive to make Maharashtra, a ‘waste-free’ state.
Addressing the issue of wastage in Maharashtra, Aamir Khan mentioned about a few key factors that will help in the Swachh Maharashtra drive, out of which one of them, was to do away with dumping grounds. Elaborating on the ancient processes used for getting rid of wastage, Aamir Khan added that recycling waste into biogas, a combination of modern technology with conventional methods will prove beneficial.
- Aamir Khan reveals why he rejected Ranbir Kapoor starrer Sanju
- Aamir Khan is a trendsetter on Instagram too
- Aamir Khan quashes speculations about Gulshan Kumar and Osho biopic
- Aamir Khan: I don’t charge a fee, but have a share in profits
- The Aamir Khan of Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar will always be the relatable underdog
- Happy birthday Aamir Khan: Mr. Perfectionist brings together the best of Salman & Shah Rukh’s worlds
Assuring that he and his team will be a part of the campaign, Aamir Khan also stated that the campaign aims at making Maharashtra a symbol and inspiration for other states in the country.
On the Bollywood front, Aamir Khan is busy with Dangal, a biopic based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat.